*Datuk Seri S. Vell Paari*
1. A few days ago, i had issued a press statement suggesting that veteran DAP leader Lim Kit Siang ask his son, Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng, to take leave over his two (2) corruption cases in Penang instead of asking BN leaders to do so.However, until today Lim Kit Siang has kept an elegant silence on this matter and does not have the courage to reprimand his son for the crimes he has done.
2. In addition, Lim Kit Siang is now asking BN component leaders to resign due to the amendment of Act 355 that is to be tabled in Parliament soon. This request by Lim Kit Siang does not make sense to begin with because the party that is tabling this amendment is PAS, an opposition party who has ties to DAP via the Selangor state government. BN leaders, up until today has made clear our stand and we do not have any party level working relationship with PAS in any state government in this country.
3. It has and must be remembered that it was Lim Kit Siang and Lim Guan Eng's hunger for power and eagerness to topple the Barisan Nasional government during the last election that DAP had supported PAS. This support for PAS by DAP had misled and cheated the rakyat including opposition supporters into believing that PAS was for all races and will not push through their Islamic State and also Hudud agenda.
4. However, this has been proven a major lie. Due to PAS success in the last general election by virtue of being supported by DAP, PAS is now a major component to the Selangor state government and also still a member of the opposition block in this country. This strength has allowed PAS to submit their amendment to Act 355 with respect to the Syariah courts. Even with this action, PAS has not even been sacked from the Selangor state government. This proves that DAP is a hypocrite where in public they talk about opposing the amendment of Act 355 but at the same time work together with PAS in the Selangor state government.
5. In addition, DAP has proven to be a hypocrite by not asking their component parties such as PKR to state their stand on the Act 355 amendment. Until today, the rakyat does not have any clue will PKR support or oppose the amendment. Lets say if the PKR Member of Parliament supports this amendment, will DAP quit the Selangor state government to demonstrate their unhappiness with PKR? Definately DAP will not do so because their only interest is to be in power by all means.
6. This all clearly points to the failure of the father and son team of Lim Kit Siang and Lim Guan Eng. Even thought DAP has been proven to be a hypocrite when it comes to various issues such as corruption and the Act 355 amendment, they still ask BN component leaders to quit our post when they wont do the same.
7. A simple move by DAP will be for them to quit they Selangor state government but they have not done so. Why is DAP still working with PAS but at the same time asking BN leaders to quit due to the table of Act 355 amendment? It is not that BN is working with PAS in any state government but DAP is in a relationship with PAS.
8. Is this the kind of party that we want to be the government of the day? A party that has been proven to be led by hypocrites who are thirsty and crazy for power that for them everybody is wrong except themselves.