*Datuk Seri S. Vell Paari*
*_Lim Kit Siang's double standard and hypocrisy exposed_*
1. I refer to the latest statement made by Democratic Action Pary (DAP) Advisor, Lim Kit Siang who called on the Menteri Besar of Johor, Datuk Seri Khaled Nordin to consider going on leave pending the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) investigation into corruption linked to land conversion in the state. (Ref : https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/374228 )
2. First of all, the issue in Johor involves the son of a Johor State Exco member and not the Menteri Besar. Secondly, the Johor Exco State member, Datuk Abdul Latif Bandi had voluntarily took leave from his position in the Johor government so that the investigation can be completed in a transparent manner without any interference. ( Ref : http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/03/01/johor-exco-man-on-leave-pending-macc-probe-on-son/ )
3. The Menteri Besar himself has also come out to explain the state government policy with respect to land conversion in Johor. The conversion is allowed but certain requirements has to be met which benefits the state government . (Ref : http://m.malaysiakini.com/news/374257 )
4. Lim Kit Siang it seems does not want to accept the fact that the Johor state government has taken proactive steps in order to ensure the investigation by MACC is done in a profesional manner. Lim Kit Siang is hell bent to politicize this issue for the benefit of his political party.
5. May i remind Lim Kit Siang that rather than asking the Menteri Besar to take leave, Lim Kit Siang shall ask his son, the Chief Minister of Penang Lim Guan Eng to take leave until his corruption case is completed and the courts find him not guilty of all the charges.
6. May i again remind Lim Kit Siang that his son, the Chief Minister was charged with two counts of corruption and using his position for personal gratification. Lim Guan Eng was charged under Section 23 of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 and Section 165 of the Penal Code. (Ref : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/06/155696/guan-eng-claims-trial-corruption-abuse-position-charges )
7. May i remind Lim Kit Siang that the Johor Exco son is not even charged yet in court but is only being investigated. However, his father the Exco as a responsible state leader proactively and voluntarily took leave. Why can't Lim Kit Siang advise his son to do the same and be a responsible leader?
8. This clearly shows that Lim Kit Siang practices double standard and have two set of rules. One set of rule is for BN leaders and another set of rule for DAP leaders. This is a typical behaviour of a hypocrite and selfish person. This kind of person has no right or business in becoming a leader of this country.