1. I refer to the article published in The Star today ( Reference : http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/12/31/battle-of-the-chariots-in-penang-the-thaipusam-chariot-war-between-the-chettiars-and-the-hindu-endow/ ) and would like to give my opinion regarding the matter.
2. First of all, in 2008 after the general elections, the management of PHEB under YB Thana was taken over by the DAP led state government. Soon after that, Deputy Chief Minister II Profesor P. Ramasamy became PHEB Chairman. Therefor post- 2008 any action by the PHEB is solely the work of Profesor P. Ramasamy and his gang. It has got nothing to do with MIC. Regarding the accusation that PHEB accounts only had RM 3,000 when Profesor P. Ramasamy took over PHEB on 2010, he should ask his people what they did when all the money when they took over the board management in 2008.
3. Secondly, to those who are unaware, when BN & MIC had managed PHEB, we had successfully manage to gather and parked assets worths millions of ringgit of assets under PHEB. Since 2008, PHEB under Professor P. Ramasamy has failed to replicate what we have done and until now they have never registered any assets under the name of PHEB. In addition PHEB took opportunity to take away properties from existing temples when the temples have problem.
4. Thirdly, this crisis is between the Nattukotai Chettiars Temple Management and Penang Hindu Endowment Board (PHEB). It has got nothing to do with MIC or any BN politicians to start with. Therefore please do not drag MIC into this fight between the Chettiars and PHEB.
5. Fourthly, since the PHEB now boast of having millions of ringgit in their account, what we in MIC had proposed was for PHEB to sponsor Hindu refreshment centres (Theneer Panthal) and business fees during Thaipusam celebration in Penang including reducing Kavadi fees by 50%. This is only a small commitment on the part of PHEB when they could spent RM 3,500,000 million of donation money on their Golden Chariot and repairing of the hilltop temple roads.
6. Finally, i would like to inform the public that this is a religious issue and is between the Nattukotai Chettiar Temple Management and PHEB which is led by Deputy Chief Minister II Professor P. Ramasamy. The Silver Chariot is not a "BN Chariot" but is a chariot by the Nattukotai Chettiar Temple Management for the community.