From 1981 to 1998 by the end of his first 7 years in power, Mahathir had:
- Doubled our unemployment
- Ran the highest budget deficits in Malaysian history
- Doubled our foreign debt, more than doubled our unemployment rate
- Plunged our country into recession
- Misused Maminco and destroyed the tin industry - our main export industry
- Forced the resignation of his deputy PM, his finance minister, sacked 3 other cabniet ministers and 4 deputy ministers during ramadhan
- Destroyed the judiciary system
- Cheated billions of Bumiputra shares from EPF via Makuwasa
- Allowed BMF to collapse under RM2.5b of debt
- Almost allowed a full-blown racial riot before throwing more than 100 persons in jail under ISA for Ops Lalang
- Closed 4 major newspapers including Sin Chew, Watan and The Star, s
- Split UMNO cleanly in half and caused it to be declared illegal.
And during that time, not one but TWO ex-PM - Tunku Abdul Rahman and Hussein Onn, his Deputy PM and his Finance Minister though he was useless.
And he now says Najib's first 7 years is no good and wants to save UMNO and save Malaysia?
(any pro-Tun willing to dispute the above?)