KL CHRONICLE: On donations verdict – @NajibRazak

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

On donations verdict – @NajibRazak


I welcome the statement issued today by the Attorney-General, Tan Sri Mohamed Apandi Ali. The findings followed a thorough investigation by the relevant institutions, and he has confirmed what I have maintained all along: that no crime was committed.

‎I appreciate that political funding is a topic of concern to many people. That is why I first initiated political funding reform proposals in 2010. Unfortunately, these were blocked by the opposition at the time. However, I have instructed for them to be put forward again for discussion.



‎This issue has been an unnecessary distraction for the country. Now that the matter has been comprehensively put to rest, it is time for us to unite and move on.

‎I will now redouble my focus on the key issues that matter to Malaysia, especially combating the threat of terrorism, and strengthening the economy in the face of global headwinds.‎ – January 26, 2016.

* Datuk Seri Najib Razak is the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

No comments:

Share This

Comments

Facebook Popup

Powered by Blog - Widget