Comments on The Prime Minister’s Absence at The Dialogue with NGOs.
1. On June 11, it was reported that the Prime Minister YAB Dato’ Sri Najib equating the public debate between him and Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad as not only inappropriate but would not benefit Barisan Nasional or UMNO in any way.
2. I stand in support of the Prime Minister’s contention because I believe should the debate were to occur, it would turn into “I said, you said” situation. This debate would not augur well with both leaders of the their stature - any progress thereof would not only hurt both of them but the party in general.
3. If Tun Mahathir desires to know in depth on matters concerning 1MDB, he could have just asked properly without being confrontational and using the media to insinuate or worse throwing accusations based on half baked truths and unfounded allegations made by politically interested third parties. I am sure 1MDB or any party related thereto would answer his questions in due time.
4. By the way, much of what Tun is asking will eventually be asked during PAC and Auditor General's investigation. The real facts will eventually emerged from the hearings and proceedings.
5. Any differences between the party members or top leadership within UMNO must be resolved in true family spirit without resorting to public hurls and insinuation which would only lead to slanderous allegation and accusation. Let's not repeat the bitter experience of 2008 when open attack by Tun on Pak Lah led to the worse performance of BN in that general election.